You’ll have a positive impact on the world:
Each year in America, healthcare businesses waste millions of hours and billions of dollars trying to get payments right. Our flexible software and accurate data feeds help clients eliminate this administrative waste, work more closely with their partners, and ultimately, provide more certainty for people at the point of care. By joining us in fixing this gnarly problem, you’ll be helping to improve the healthcare system overall, with knock-on effects for everyone in America.
Your Contributions Truly Matter:
We are a growing company, so you’ll be given plenty of creative freedom and the opportunity to thrive—everything you do will count.
The Senior Software Engineer creates efficient and scalable software solutions and scripts to solve the company’s business needs, assists with automation across all teams and participates in R&D and POC projects. This is an exciting, challenging and very rewarding position.
What the Role Involves (Responsibilities):
- Design, implement and support software solutions based on the best practices and modern technology
- Troubleshoot active development and production issues
- Identify functional areas that need improvement and architect a solution for improvement or automation
- Integrate IT systems to work more effectively
What You Have (Qualifications & Skills):
- 8+ years of experience writing back-end, desktop or web applications.
- Expert knowledge of C#, design patterns, software architecture
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and stored procedures (T-SQL)
- Proficiency with source control systems (git)
- Familiarity with the Agile framework
- DevOps mindset
- Excellent troubleshooter
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of learning and adapting to new technology quickly.
Desired (Not Required)
- Go, Python, NodeJS/TypeScript, Julia, Rust
- NET Core, Angular, React, Vue.js, HTML5/CSS3
- NoSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud technologies
- Distributed systems design, Microservice architecture, data streaming, Kafka
Who You Are (Ideal Competencies/Skills):
- Creative entrepreneur. You have a constant drive to make things better; you question the status quo and approach common challenges with creativity and constructive criticism. You have skills to share ideas clearly and convincingly in a way that adapts to your audience, regardless of function, level, or expertise.
- Critical, big-picture thinker. You have a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to credibly share it with others, whether internally or externally. You are analytical, evaluating logic-based details while always considering and problem-solving for the sake of the big picture.
- Self-starter. You are proactive, self-motivated, and able to push work, start initiatives, and provide ideas independently in a team environment.
- Team player & coach. You can foster professional and personal respect from others and find success in a team setting. While highly collaborative, you have natural management skills and know how to grow and develop people.
- Adaptable multi-tasker. You are highly organized and flexible. You know how to manage expectations and can thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and successfully adapt to a variety of tasks.
How We Work (Team & Culture)
- We work together and help each other do our best by building on our work across teams and offices. We don’t own individual ideas or seek credit.
- User-driven. We place our clients and our users’ needs above all else. If it matters to a user, it matters to us. We work for them and keep ourselves accountable to that.
- Hands-on. We do not wait for problems to solve themselves. We enter the thick of it and get things done.
- Impact over ego. Our culture is about results, not ownership. Great ideas have seniority over titles and levels, and great thinkers outshine fancy pedigrees.
- Forward-looking. We look beyond our own world to constantly improve our business. We welcome outside speakers, tap into the latest tech, and make sure we are future proof in anticipation of what’s coming next.
- Caring & close knit. We know and care about our people. We know each other’s project strengths—but also about upcoming family trips and favorite after-work drinks.