The team works in tandem with the various autonomy teams to build rock-solid, production-ready software. We own the final implementation, ensuring that it meets performance, quality, safety, and security requirements. We collaborate with the autonomy teams in the design and implementation of features, and assist development by providing tools and libraries. We are looking for candidates with high proficiency in C++, design patterns, and general software.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, implement, improve, and harden autonomous vehicle software.
- Write production level code in modern C++.
- Work in tandem with autonomy teams such as; Perception, Machine Learning, and Planning & Controls to bring cutting edge algorithms into production.
- As the team grows you will be asked to mentor junior engineers in software development best practices.
- Collaborate in an Agile development process with an international team.
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software.
- Modern C++ and Python experience in a Linux environment
- Safety-critical and real-time software experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns, software construction techniques and process. Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
Bonus Points (not required)
- C++17 experience.
- Knowledge of robotics algorithms, sensor systems, and relevant mathematics.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, IPC, and multi-threading
- Familiarity with safety certification (e.g., ISO 26262, IEC 61508, etc).