The team works in tandem with the various autonomy teams to build rock-solid, production-ready software. We own the final implementation, ensuring that it meets performance, quality, safety, and security requirements. We collaborate with the autonomy teams in the design and implementation of features, and assist development by providing tools and libraries. We are looking for candidates with high proficiency in C++, design patterns, and general software.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, implement, improve, and harden autonomous vehicle software.
- Write production level code in modern C++.
- Work in tandem with autonomy teams such as; Perception, Machine Learning, and Planning & Controls to bring cutting edge algorithms into production.
- As the team grows you will be asked to mentor junior engineers in software development best practices.
- Collaborate in an Agile development process with an international team.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software.
- Modern C++ and Python experience in a Linux environment
- Safety-critical and real-time software experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns, software construction techniques and process. Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
Bonus Points (not required):
- C++17 experience.
- Knowledge of robotics algorithms, sensor systems, and relevant mathematics.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, IPC, and multi-threading
- Familiarity with safety certification (e.g., ISO 26262, IEC 61508, etc).
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From