The Rulebooks team is working to implement a comprehensive framework to specify the desired AV behavior into our engineering efforts (see https://arxiv.org/abs/1902.09355). We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to lead our efforts to redesign and improve our prototype tools for production-level usage in our engineering processes and on our autonomous vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate the teams software engineering efforts
- Maintain relationships with other teams that use our tools
- Architect a scalable and robust code-base that can run on our vehicles and/or supports our systems engineering practices
- Implement processes that ensure quality and consistency as we implement mathematical concepts in real-world applications
- Help make innovative algorithms for self-driving vehicles come to fruition
- MS or BS in computer science or related field
- 6+ years professional work experience as a software engineer
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience managing the transition from prototype to production-level code
- Experience designing complex software from the ground up
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Fluency in version control tools (e.g., Git)
- Excellent communication skills
- A collaborative work attitude and commitment to high quality work products
Bonus points (not required):
- Strong Linux background
- Experience with safety-rated software engineering standards
- Automotive or autonomous software experience
- Strong analytical background
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From