Wiser is the leading provider of actionable data for better decisions. Wiser collects and analyzes online and in-store data with unmatched speed, scale and accuracy. The Wiser platform then blends these insights with advanced workflow software to drive business value for brands and retailers. Using a unique combination of data science and human validation, Wiser offers integrated solutions for every aspect of retail, all in one place
Our goal is to solve a messy problem elegantly and cost effectively. Our job is to collect, categorize, and analyze lots of semi-structured data from lots of different places every day (20 million+ products from 500+ websites into our catalog of 500 million+ products). We help our customers be more competitive and make more money by discovering interesting patterns in this data they can use to their advantage.
We are looking for a mid/senior level software engineer to join a team of three other engineers responsible for developing the microservice architecture that powers our data collection process. If you have a passion for optimization, scaling, and integration challenges, this may be the role for you
What You Will Do:
- Think like our customers – you will work with product and engineering leaders to define solutions
- Design/develop/extend our services and architecture to implement your solutions – you will be collaborating on some of the most important and complex parts of our system (they ingest and process millions of events every day)
- Improve the quality of our solutions – you will hold yourself and your team members accountable to high quality standards
- Own your work – you will take responsibility to shepherd your projects from idea through delivery into production
- Bring new ideas to the table – some of our best innovations originate within the team
Technologies We Use:
- Node.js, Python, React, Redux
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Snowflake, RabbitMQ
- 5-7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science, Math or related technical field
- Large scale MicroServices platform experience
- Solid understanding of AWS, Linux and infrastructure concepts
- RDMS & SQL programming experience
- Proven ability to learn quickly, make pragmatic decisions, and adapt to changing business needs
- Focus on results: shipping software that matters to the company and the customer
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable work attendance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Understanding of big data/NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Snowflake, etc.)
- Passion for data, analytics, or machine learning.
- Experience working within a retail or ecommerce environment.