Senior Software Engineer - Ad Tech Systems
Who We Are
We are the Adtech and Customer Intelligence team within Wayfair, which develops many platforms across the company, from Feeds, Bidding, our Customer Data and Machine Learning Platforms, and many more. Our goal is to build world class platforms for our marketing teams to publish advertisements at scale, while focusing on the user experience, platform stability, scalability and transparency as our core principles.
What Youll Do
- Partner with Chief of Staff to build real-time dashboards, measuring both team velocity and platform performance
- Work directly with managers across Adtech and Customer Intelligence team to capture KPIs (metrics) that are important to each business unit
- Automate the population of these KPIs into both a management dashboard that you will build and own, with export capabilities into specific formats
- Design systems that are user centric, scalable and provide visibility into reporting.
- Be a multiplier, mentor other engineers across the Adtech and Customer Intelligence and help them become more productive
- Ensure that good engineering practices are followed, increase test coverage and ensure reliable monitoring.
- Work with Senior Leadership to provide your vision and expertise to drive future products, and new features on existing products.
- Support & Guide the team on code reviews, best design practices & help in meeting regular deliverables at the sprint & roadmap level.
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer with experience in designing and building large platforms that communicate internally and externally via Rest services.
- Proficiency in programming languages (Java/php/python etc.), object oriented design and data structures.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Datastores.
- Experience in building APIs/Restful services.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers, leading code review and design reviews.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of large scale distributed systems and streaming platforms is a plus.
- Experience with big data would be a big plus.
- Understanding and/or Exposure to advertising/marketing technologies would be a plus.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.