Office Tour Photos
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Organization/Team: Supply chain Engineering /Transportation
Location: Boston, MA (Headquarters)
Wayfair is The worlds 12th-largest online retailer. In 2018 had 7 billion in sales and continue to grow 40% YOY. We are doubling in size every 2-3 years. We are rapidly building the worlds first class large parcel supply chain logistics network. We leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and engineering tools, We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity, our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. The Supply Chain teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. This has to do with everything from transportation, to tracking orders, inventory, etc. This group is absolutely essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce.
- Relational databases
- Web Stack experience
- Distributed systems
- Technical Project Ownership
What Youll Do
Lead technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of delivering very large items from suppliers to customers.
- Actively network within Engineering to establish rapport with other leaders across the
- Mentors new hires and other engineers to help them level up and become more
proficient by example, tech talks, pairing, and other avenues to increase technical
efficiency across the organization.
- Handle ambiguity with limited to no oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and
network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various tradeoffs including
speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others.
- Provide high quality code reviews and create and review technically complex architectural designs.
- Bring in new ideas from other internal teams as well as external best practices.
- Participates with leadership in making decisions around roadmapsCollaborates well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Tech-first company: Our founders have technical roots and Wayfair continues to expand its engineering footprint with near 2,000 engineers on staff.
- Collaborative culture/learning culture.
- Autonomy to make an impact.
- Convenient downtown Boston location: offices located in Back Bay/ Boston, MA 02116
- Healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive 3-tiered compensation package including salary, bonus & equity.
If you are interested, please let me know and we can work on setting a time that would be best for us to connect for 20 minutes or so.
More Jobs From