Senior Software Engineer
Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Engineering team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. We generate and manage the hundreds of millions of prices used by a customer base of over millions people every day. As a software Engineer, you will focus on one of the following areas of pricing and profitability development: Algorithms & Data Science, Data Preparation & Intelligence, Pricing Inputs or Calculators, BizCore (stakeholder engagement), Competitive Intelligence, or PPD Integration.
What youll do:
- Write thoughtful and performant SQL, C#/F#, Python, PHP or React JS code
- Design our next generation of systems and services
- Build the next generations of Pricing & Profitability systems
- Improving resilience and performance of systems ahead of customer growth
- Deep dive into data domain, enhance data collection and normalization service
- Proprietary web scraper to pull hundreds of millions of competitor prices per week
- Bulk and Bundled purchase discounts
- Dynamic pricing engine with injectable business rules
- Enhanced shipping estimates and revenue adjustment algorithms
Who you are:
- You care about technology, but you dont care about it for its own sake. Youre not married to specific tools. Youre comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems.
- You care about your team. You learn together and you focus on the facts to drive decisions.
- You care about the customer. You wont be happy if youre blindly executing on specs.
- Write robust, well-tested backend code with PHP, C#, or Python
- Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
What youll need:
- Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.