SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers a portfolio of sites to empower and engage travelers throughout their journey. We are a team of passionate professionals who drive and innovate like a start-up while benefiting from being a part of a larger company network.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who takes pride in their code and architecture and is a team-player. We believe in a development process that's agile, but not dogmatic. People who succeed here tend to have little tolerance for unnecessary process and impediments, but also appreciate having sufficient checks and balances in place to help us work efficiently.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, accomplished engineer, passionate about new technologies, and will enjoy working closely with our product development, content and marketing teams to development new features for our Web sites.
- Work closely with Product Manager to define deliverables
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Adhere to and contribute to our coding standards, including participation in code reviews
- Contribute to technical architecture and direction of internal and external sites/services
- 5+ years of Full Stack Web Development
- Experience with SQL Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Detailed knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, RDS, Athena and DynamoDB
- Experience with Big Data and Distributed Computing (Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience writing and executing unit tests
- Proficiency with object-oriented development and MVC design patterns
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful web services
- Experience with responsive web design
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but were always looking to make it better. Let us know if youd like to help.
More Jobs From