About the Team
We’re a diverse, fun loving group of product managers, designers, and engineers who take pride in their work and are always striving to improve.
Our current process is in the neighborhood of Scrumban -- two week sprints, weekly releases, no scrum master, pull from the top of the sprint backlog, daily standup at 11:30, post-sprint retros.
We do our best to minimize context switching. Wednesdays are meeting-free and recurring meetings are right before or after lunch. Our hours are flexible and we have top notch remote employee supportfor those times you’d rather WFH.
We’re looking for talented engineers who care deeply about their work, team, and organization. We’re looking for engineers with T-shaped skills -- deep knowledge in a single area, with the ability to contribute across the board. Senior Engineers will have demonstrated a track record of working closely with stakeholders to deliver high quality features that add significant value to the product.
- Work with the Product Management & User Experience teams on translating business requirements to buildable specs
- Able to break down feature specs into their smallest logical parts, with an eye toward always shipping working software
- Write clean, elegant, testable, easy-to-read code. DRY, SOLID, maintainable
- Understanding of relational databases, ER modeling, and query optimization
- Understanding of trade-offs on issues like tech debt, design patterns, performance, caching, etc.
- Look forward to the challenge of diagnosing the most bewildering bugs
- Able to contribute to a growing knowledge base (design documents, troubleshooting guides, best practices, etc)
- Able to transition between going solo on small features, and working as part of a feature team on larger ones
- Willingness to mentor and be mentored
Nice to haves
- AWS/EC2 - bonus points for DevOps skills
- Facebook API - we make heavy use of the Facebook Graph and Marketing APIs
What Promoboxx Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary, health benefits, stock options, and 401K match program
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, as well as sick days when you need them most
- Employee rewards program and other professional development opportunities
- An open, collaborative work environment with an amazing team and experienced leadership to help you succeed and grow
- Cold brew tap, beer and cider fridge, and snacks to help fuel your day
Promoboxx is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.