OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate is a smart, creative, and curious analytical thinker who is excited to work hands-on with big data. We integrate very large volumes of healthcare data to generate deep insight about diseases, providers and treatments. We have audacious plans to make our intelligent data cloud the decision making engine for all of healthcare.
- Build and operate the core of OM1s Big Data Pipeline that integrates very large volumes of healthcare data to generate deep insight about diseases, providers and treatments
- Be the lead Engineer on core strategic platform initiatives
- Working in an agile (scrum) environment with continuous delivery
- Collaborate with Team Leads, Engineers, and Architects to provide ideas and improvements to the services of the data pipeline
- Translate business requirements into clear technical stories that break down work into incremental deliveries
- Train and mentor junior engineers through pairing on problems and providing actionable feedback through code reviews and other sessions
- Stoked to work with technologies like Spark, Scala, Python, Django, React, AWS, and SQL. You truly enjoy coding!
- A strong desire to advance healthcare and improve patient outcomes
- Software design, especially big data and data pipeline experience
- Experience working with data warehouses/lakes, and data processing using SQL/Spark
- Knowledge of building and operating software in the cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to dive deep with our product, research, and data science teams to deeply understand our data platform and its uses
- Good technical judgement, knowing how and when to balance short term deliverables with long term investment
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent, and industry experience
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Direct applicants only - No agencies