We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance. We have an Agile workspace to foster a relaxed, innovative and collaborative culture. We believe in empowered engineers who are given the freedom and responsibility to build great software. We embrace a DevOps approach to our highly-scalable, highly-automated solutions we build it, we own it.
About the job:
Within Hosting Services Secure DevOps Platforms, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Software Delivery team. You will join a team focused on providing application teams with a platform that enables them to continually deliver business value as quickly as possible while following Liberty's security, compliance and change management practices and policies. We are open to hiring in any of the following locations Dover (preferred), Boston, and remote.
Your role as a Senior Software Engineer will be to support and enhance our existing Software Delivery platform, increase scale and resiliency, and add new capabilities to meet our customer demands. In this collaborative engineering role, you will work as part of the software delivery teams to support continuous integration and deployment for software solutions. You will develop new build and deployment solutions, maintain and upgrade vendor products (Atlassian & Cloudbees), and own, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated technical issues.
Your knowledge of application development frameworks such as Java/Spring and node.js will be critical in building and supporting the integrations and microservices offered with Software Delivery.
- Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience and generally 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
- The ideal candidate will prioritize team success over individual achievement
- Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based software solutions
- Thorough knowledge of software development best-practices and concepts (TDD, BDD, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools
- Strong team focus with track record of collaboration and mentorship
High-reaching applicants will have:
- Passion for modern Dev Ops principles and practices
- Experience building and operating cloud-based microservices
- Experience deploying, and operating AWS based EC2, RDS, EBS, and EFS
- Experience with Node.js Spring, Java, AWS
- Experience operating platforms at a scale in AWS
- Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From