Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team thats working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, youll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
This role involves working with two products, Shared Data Services (SDS) and Reference Table Management (RTMI). SDS is a critical legacy application and the RTMI is full of growth and opportunity. Right out of the gate, SDS is on a fast track to be modernized into the cloud using AWS technologies, especially serverless (Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.). The SDS application has deep ties into old Mainframe and Midrange environments, requiring an experienced and driven engineer who can reimagine into a flexible and reliable modern architecture, looking to add a significant accomplishment to their resume! Following the SDS modernization efforts, this Senior Engineer will transition focus and join teammates with enhancing and managing the fast-growing RTMI application.
- Collaborative partner: Working side by side with business colleagues and interacting with customers, youll address their technical challenges and ensure quality through collaborative, test-and behavior-driven development
- Problem-solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approaches - and you'll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them
- Skilled technical engineer: Youll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isnt enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, youll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, an ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE, familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Demonstrated success in platform modernization initiatives, utilizing technologies such as REST; micro services; cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud; and Java, NodeJS and Spring Boot.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of mainframe, midrange, DB2, Sybase and UDB technologies
- A history of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.