Senior Software Engineer
Everbridge is looking for a developer to work in our Burlington, MA office to develop a SaaS product delivering next-gen analytics, machine learning, graph analysis, data collection, and search. You will dabble with text analytics, face recognition, audio analysis, and more in one platform to ingest and analyze tons of data from a multitude of sources.
Our platform is AngularJS/NodeJS on the front side, and Java/Springboot/MongoDB/Storm/Kafka and more coming down the road on the back. Some on Docker, but all on Linux of course! We interface with best-of-breed APIs to do Natural Language Processing, image and audio analysis, geo-tagging, and much more, as well as rolling a lot of our own algorithms for analytics, search, and recommendations.
About the Team:
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
Here, you will work in a small team environment with other Senior Engineers to build our next generation of products.
Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
Meet the Engineering and Product team here.
- Create data collection agents to pull in data from a variety of sources.
- Interface with a variety of APIs from AWS, Google to perform various types of data analysis.
- Develop algorithms to analyze the data we collect to surface relevant content and actionable insights.
- Develop our API to service a handful of front-end applications.
- Be a scrum team member and software leader that ensures the timely completion of projects with good quality.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java
- 3+ years of experience with database schema design
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- 3+ years of experience with API development
- 1+ years of Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- CI/CD principles and hands-on experience with Jenkins, Maven
- Agile and Scrum experience is desired
- AngularJS / NodeJS development
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus (a genuine CI/CD guru!)
- Linux admin experience
- Big Data Technology Experience