Senior Software Engineer
When getting it done right matters, people count. ERT does technology with a purpose - to improve and save lives. Our important work sets the industry standard in health outcomes research. Our team provides unparalleled scientific and regulatory leadership to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research organizations (CROs) and medical device companies around the world. Our global clients rely upon our expertise and technologies to flawlessly expedite their clinical research studies.
Full stack development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deploy RESTFul services on AWS by building CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop software in accordance with programming standards.
- Develop and review assigned functional specifications.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Perform peer source code review.
- Participate in Product Meetings.
- Track changes to all modified source code in version management software.
- Record resolution process for assigned work orders of released products in the customer support system.
- Responsible for following the procedures described in the Standard Operating Procedures and Development departmental handbook.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to adapt and solve complex data challenges and understand data relationships.
- Increases self-marketability by developing greater technology, industry, and product knowledge by attending courses/seminars related to technologies appropriate to the software development being performed, industry developments and trends, and self-studies to strengthen product knowledge.
- Desire to be a key player on a small, growing team that is building some great products for clinical research.
- Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules
- 5+ years of experience building highly available and highly scalable performant enterprise applications using agile methodology.
- Familiarity with Microservices Architecture and associated design patterns.
- 5+ years of Java, SQL, Linux, Git
- 3+ years applied AWS experience
- Working knowledge of AWS design patterns.
- Understanding of polyglot persistence and polyglot programming.
- Must have solid CLI and console hands on with – S3, EC2 , Lambda.
- Must have working knowledge of Relational Databases as well as NoSQL databases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.