Senior Software Engineer
ERT’s data platform delivers visibility and control across the disparate systems and diverse teams being used to conduct clinical trials across the globe. With a proprietary data integration framework, the industry's first cloud-native eClinical data hub, and a turnkey business analytics engine all serving as the core of the platform, our products can interface with any clinical technology a customer is using, and deliver on the mission-critical intelligence that resides in their data with no disruption to underlying systems.
We are looking to build out our team with a Senior Software Engineer who has applied AWS experience with enterprise-level Python/Scala programming skills leveraging cloud architectures to help us move forward. This position will report directly to the Director of Data Integration and Services.
- Prototype cloud-native design patterns to optimize ERT’s data pipeline.
- Develop software in accordance with programming standards.
- Develop and review assigned functional specifications.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Perform peer source code review.
- Participate in Product Meetings.
- Track changes to all modified source code in version management software.
- Record resolution process for assigned work orders of released products in the customer support system.
- Responsible for following the procedures described in the Standard Operating Procedures and Development departmental handbook.
- Ability to adapt and solve complex data challenges
- Increases self-marketability by developing greater technology, industry, and product knowledge by attending courses/seminars related to technologies appropriate to the software development being performed, industry developments and trends, and self-studies to strengthen product knowledge.
- Desire to be a key player on a small, growing team that is building some great products for clinical research.
Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise applications using agile methodology.
- 5+ years of Scala, Python, Java/.NET, SQL, Linux, Git
- 3+ years applied AWS experience
- Working knowledge of AWS design patterns and offerings besides general Cloud concepts
- Experience with Streaming and Batch data processing
- Must have solid CLI and console hands on with – S3,EC2 ,Lambda
- Must have working knowledge of RDS
- Preferably should have experience with Kinesis streaming, Athena, SNS, SQS, Redshift, VPC, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, IAM etc.