EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
What youll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play an important role in developing software solutions to the complex business problems of our land operations department. You will be coordinating with cross-functional teammates to help solve these problems. While mainly working to help develop new systems and features, we also have some older applications that currently require ongoing maintenance during the transition.
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience working with backend coding but desire to work in a full-stack coding environment
- Familiarity and comfort working with a .NET core stack (Web or Desktop)
- Understands trade-offs of programming paradigms such as object-oriented and/or functional
- A strong desire to learn new and current technologies and go outside your technical comfort zone
- Strong team player with a passion for collaboration and an ability to articulate high-level concepts
- Experience with test-driven development and the software principles that make it possible
- Experience with distributed architecture, e.g. trade-offs between asynchronous messaging and request/response
- Experience with one or more approaches to managing software development work
- Interest in travel and solving the complex business problems it presents
- Interest in using principles of Domain-Driven Design to manage business complexity is a plus!
Lets talk about the Perks:
- We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.