The edX Enterprise Reach Team focuses on work that improves our edX for Business offering. As a member of the edX Enterprise Reach Team, you will work as a full stack engineer to design and build products that attract new customers, scale our systems to support existing customers, and integrate with 3rd party software. The teams current major initiative involves improving the onboarding experience for B2B customers and enabling B2B customers to seamlessly connect their learners to the edX platforms.
The engineering goals of edX for Business provides a seamless experience of edXs content in a way that helps companies upskill their workers. As a paid product, edX for Business is a crucial strategy for edXs sustainability as an independent non-profit that provides educational access to as many people as possible.
If you join us, you can expect:
- The opportunity to be a Project Tech Lead no matter your level of experience: our rotating Tech Lead project role is our teams way of equipping everyone on our team with the skills needed to lead a software project from planning to launch in a supported, transparent manner.
- To help us design, build, and launch our next major features. Q3 highlights for the team included (1) a full UX overhaul of our course redemption feature that allowed edX for Business learners to more easily redeem coupons provided to them by our customer Enterprises using React and Django. (2) releasing new Learning Management System integrations that allow Enterprise customers to look at edX courses from their own business software systems
You will be working closely with a team of four other engineers, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager, as well as cross-functional peers across UX and Customer Success. Our team prides itself on balancing personal responsibility and helpfulness to others to get stuff done as a nimble small team.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridges Technology Square, all employees of edX are currently fully remote. The earliest possible in-office date for this developer team would be September 1, 2021. This position is for a developer who could be either fully remote or wanted to work in the office in Cambridge under a blended model for 2-3 days a week. To support this model and best work as a team, the expectations for this position would be that a full work week would involve working during the core hours of 10-4 Eastern US time. Fully remote workers would need to live in one of the following states to be considered: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT
- Design, develop, and deploy full-stack web software solutions using Python, Django, and React.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to generate engineering project specifications
- Manage your own time and priorities to help lead engineering team projects to completion.
- Use your expertise to help design and break down features for more junior team members.
- Learn from your coworkers and share your knowledge with them through tech. talks, interest groups, company-wide demos, and hackathons.
- Take ownership of parts of edXs code base, including helping to prioritize, to diagnose and to fix bugs
- Between 4-8 years of software development experience (more or less)
- Deeper experience in at least 1 core area of web development: clean API design, automated CI/CD, Webpack or NPM build processes, SSO implementation, single page applications, frontend accessibility and internationalization, or backend database design, test driven development
- A proven ability to pick up new technologies on the job
- Strong written communication skills
- A proactive work style, with the willingness to actively seek out where there might be gaps in what needs to be done without having details handed to you
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Prior experience or interest in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering
- Prior experience with Docker would be helpful
- Prior experience and opinions about frontend frameworks like Vue.js, Angular, React, or Backbone
Why youll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. Youll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- Were on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.