We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
Were growing quickly and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop web applications that are used by a passionate group of users every day. This isnt just a technical role, though. Working across teams, you will be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle, from design and implementation to testing and monitoring. Sound good to you? Join us.
What youll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Work closely with our engineers and our product teams to implement core functionality needed across all our product teams.
- Develop modular, efficient, well-tested, and documented components to enable the teams to produce top-notch products.
- Help design new patterns to better support the products.
- Identify bottlenecks to improve performance.
- Participate in design sessions, code reviews, and pull requests both within the team and across product teams.
- You will also write clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
What skills you will use:
- 3+ years of development experience working in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- A bonus if you have good experience in asynchronous, concurrent programming.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to discuss technical concepts.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and collaborative debugging.
- A passion for problem-solving and a desire to find solutions that enable others to do their jobs more efficiently and with greater success.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.