Senior Software Engineer
Cogito is growing our Data Engineering team as we continue to improve how enterprise clients speak with their customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide engineering skills for the development, testing, and delivery of large-scale data assets and workflows. You've got industry experience working with large datasets. You are interested in reporting platforms and data visualization.
Youll be the genius who understands data at Cogito, knows where to find it, and manages the process to make that data actionable for analytics. You love thinking about the ways the business can consume this data and then figuring out how to build data pipelines and data models provide them for business uses.
You'll own a problem end-to-end, so those skills will come in handy not just to collect, extract, clean and transform data, but also to understand the systems that generated it, and automate your analyses and reporting. On an ongoing basis, you'll be responsible for improving the data by adding new sources, coding business rules, and producing new metrics that support the business.
- Design, develop, test and deliver industry-strength data pipelines to collect, organize, and standardize data for generating insights and addressing reporting needs
- Design and develop new capabilities to allow for self-serve data and analytics
- Collaborate with peers to ship quality products and build a great culture that is both high-performing and fun to be a part of
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of progressively related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with and understanding of AWS and public cloud ecosystem
- Experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Redshift, S3, EMR/Spark, Presto/Athena or similar solutions
- Deep understanding of big data challenges and ecosystems
- Experience with Serverless architecture or other Big Data architecture best practices
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and continuous delivery
- Experience in test automation and ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes
- Fluency with Unix / Linux operating system and development environment
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Bi-weekly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
Vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.