Chewy is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer for our Ecommerce Engineering Team in Boston MA. The Ecommerce engineering team is responsible for building world class ecommerce customer experience and platforms that enables millions of customers shopping on Chewy.com. The expectations of the prospective candidate will be the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and related integrations. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy's fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build new features and services that powers the ecommerce platform and customer experience.
- Drive technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Scale the ecommerce platform
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages such as Java and database technologies
- Knowledge of modern software development technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot, and Docker
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
- AWS development experience
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Asynchronous programming patterns
- Large scale public facing websites
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].