Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Our B2B engineering team, Dealer Solutions, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Cambridge, MA. On the Dealer Solutions team youll enhance or create new product offerings for car dealers to help their vehicles reach interested shoppers. Potential project opportunities: create algorithms to identify fraudulent listings to help protect consumers and dealers, create interfaces on top of third party tools, create micro-services to improve application scalability and flexibility, and gain hands-on experience with the digital marketing ad-tech domain. CarGurus is a tech company, you dont need to know about cars to work here.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve project efficiency while reducing waste.
- Utilize appropriate frameworks to build highly maintainable code.
- Write code that is performant and takes advantage of caching strategies when appropriate
- Have a say in future direction of technologies and standard methodologies.
Who You Are:
- 5+ year of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications preferred
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Goal-oriented engineer with a product focus
- Able to collaborate well with teammates
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.