Cambridge Semantics is seeking a highly skilled software engineer to join our world class team pioneering semantic technologies at big data scale. You'll help plan and define major new initiatives and work with a team of talented engineers to help bring them to reality. This role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. As a rapidly growing startup, we are looking for candidates who are eager to assume ownership of product capabilities and help us grow our team as we continue to expand.
- Youll be placed on software development projects from inception to launch, including making architectural decisions, considering effects on existing solutions, working with other developers, and keeping an eye on all the details
- Youll bring new ideas to reality, managing hurdles along the way
- Youll write high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code to take our product to the next level
- 5+ years working with Java in an enterprise environment
- Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments is a strong plus
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) is a strong plus
- Experience creating detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Energetic and self-starting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.