Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, weve raised over $60M in venture capital and were doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are seeking a Senior Java Software Developer. As a Senior Developer, your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. Our ideal candidate will be excited to work on features on our Bevis as well as the supporting backend. We are a fast-growing hardware startup, but its our software that makes a Bevi magical. From features that delight Bevi drinkers to web UIs that streamline management of our thousands of machines, our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even more hydrated and happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way, and have a deep respect for user experience - come join our team!
What you will do:
- Play a mission-critical role in defining, designing, implementing and shipping new features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Focus on innovating and managing complexity of solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third-party libraries to deliver new features.
- Contribute to code quality and maintainability by writing unit and integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship
How you will grow:
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness
- Create software that brings our physical product to live and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Grow beyond your current skills - work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database, and use the latest open tools and processes
- Engage with a talented engineering team drawn from diverse sectors, mentor and coach junior team members, and learn from best-in-class leadership
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change
We think you will bring:
- Mastery of Java - you know how to make Java non-verbose
- Hands-on experience building features from initial concept to production ready
- Awesomeness at distilling requirements and managing complexity
- Experience with distributed and asynchronous computing, cache management
- Prior work in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong analytical and technical skills and high level of detail orientation
- An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A true self-starter approach and sense of ownership
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, and produce the best work possible
- A BS in CS or similar discipline - or the equivalent in independent experience
- NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer in order to be eligible for this role
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Virtual happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!