Bevi is an environmental company that aims to entirely eliminate disposable bottles and cans through smart beverage machines that purify water and create healthy beverages on demand. Our first product is an IoT office water cooler that serves customizable sparkling and flavored water. Were growing over 100% year over year and have raised over $60M in venture capital.
We are a small and fun software engineering team in a fast-growing startup. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise. A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies - thats just who you are. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way, and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
What you will do:
- Play a mission-critical role in defining, designing, implementing and shipping new features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to release new versions of the Bevi product.
- Drive the creation of a new web app from scratch that will integrate all of our different business data sources into one place for our customers to use
- Make critical decisions when it comes to architecting our portal
- Expand the Bevi Java applications, using open-source libraries including Dropwizard, Jersey and Guava
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship
- Be a founding member as our team grows over the next year
How you will grow:
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode
- Grow beyond backend - work with an extensive set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database, and use the latest tools and processes
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and implement new procedures and processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our product
- Partner with a talented software and hardware engineering team drawn from diverse sectors and learn from best-in-class leadership
- Utilize your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change
We think you will bring:
- Mastery of Java - you know how to make Java non-verbose
- Distributed and asynchronous computing, cache management
- Prior work in an Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience building features from initial concept to production ready
- Strong analytical and technical skills and high level of detail orientation
- Experience working with React.js, Redux, Android, Java, and Docker
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, and produce the best work possible
- NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer in order to be eligible for this role
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!
More Jobs From