As a member of the Analytics team in Development Platforms, you will be providing thousands of engineers at Wayfair access to actionable information to improve software delivery and operational performance. You will be joining the efforts of the Development Platforms team to accelerate developer velocity across the company, specifically by building systems to help monitor and guide those efforts.
This is a position for a generalist who is driven more by learning how to make a sizable impact than by working with specific technologies. You will be figuring out how to instrument the most-used development tools at Wayfair, how to construct Google Cloud pipelines that are easy to scale and maintain, and how to build metrics that enable teams to prioritize their efforts and assist leadership in determining strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Pipeline construction: Design and build end-to-end event-driven data pipelines, from data generation to processing to reporting.
- Technical leadership: Create implementation strategies for the team, focusing on rapid feedback from stakeholders.
- Analysis: Refine existing metrics and create new ones by identifying patterns in our data.
- Mentorship: Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and identifying opportunities for development.
- Platform development: Propose iterative changes to drive technical improvement of the team's systems.
- Communication: Create a culture of collaboration with key stakeholders and service providers.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of software development experience in enterprise-level organizations
- Strong track record of delivering high-value engineering projects
- Proficiency with processing large data sets in a pipeline/ETL framework
- Communication skills and experience working with engineering and product leadership
Experience with the following would also be a plus:
- Google Cloud Platform, especially Dataflow and BigQuery
- Python and the pandas analysis library
- Statistical analysis and interpretation
- CI/CD tooling and pipelines, especially Kubernetes
- Kafka stream processing
- Software delivery and operational performance measurement
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.