Office Tour Photos
Are you dedicated to the craft of raising the right kind of information, at the right time, in the right context? Do you believe that extraordinary products differentiate themselves by moving beyond a simple "report" into a data rich experience? If so, we'd like you to join us.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analytics and Reporting team you will be:
- Designing and building the next generation web platform that we use to serve data visualizations and reports across the product
- Developing APIs that elegantly stitch together disparate data sources across the core Toast product to provide our customers up-to-the-minute understanding of how their business is doing
- Improving, augmenting and overhauling our existing reporting system to integrate with our new Spark-based streaming analytics platform
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure of our high performance, highly reliable data analytics platform
- Polishing and improving the data model used across the company with an eye toward long term scalability
- Working individually or sometimes as the technical leader of a small group of engineers across a broad spectrum of projects reaching from the data layer all the way up to the single page app
- Collaborating with many of the most critical aspects of the business, ranging from the CTO all the way to Customer Success and Marketing
Some projects weve been working on recently include:
- Prototyping a GraphQL based Backend-for-the-Frontend that ensures our data visualizations remain performant as the complexity of the data grows
- Re-envisioning our real-time reporting as a mobile-first experience with React JS
- Expanding functionality within a cluster of Spark-based microservice backends that quickly serve sub-second requests across years of financial data
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years of experience in several parts the web stack, with knowledge of patterns commonly used in web frameworks (Sprint Boot, Play, Dropwizard, and similar). Our backend is Java and Kotlin, but we want to learn from your experience in other languages on large scale projects too.
- Some experience designing APIs to support complex business facing applications
- Commitment to the process of building of a fully featured software product, including the deployment model, quality assurance and test frameworks. You care as much about what youre building as well as how youre building it.
More Jobs From