Office Tour Photos
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Were the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. We are building out a large scale capability to create and use 3D models to enhance the customer experience. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
We are looking to hire sharp, logical thinkers who are not afraid to dive right in! We also want out-of-the-box thinkers who can easily identify inefficiencies and come up with simple, maintainable and user-friendly solutions. In this role, you will lead the development of world-class tools and systems for creative professionals working in 3DS Max, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance, VRay, Nuke, and other industry-standard tools.
What Youll Do:
- Serve as a key technical decision maker and partner to Product Management on a team of 4-6 engineers
- Actively drive design and development of best-in-class tools for improving artist workflows and pipeline management
- Break down technical work, actively participate in and drive Agile ceremonies
- Work cross-functionally with different roles and teams such as product management, 3D artists, technical artists, business leaders and other engineering groups
- Make decisions to drive the technology for the team to ensure current and future scalability and performance
- Implement and advocate for engineering best practices, helping level up the engineers inside and outside your team
- Demonstrate the drive to improve the team at every step, whether its leveling up your or the teams knowledge, making process improvements, or rearchitecting our tools for the next level of scale and operability
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience designing and developing creative solutions to complex digital 3D problems
- Strong architectural design experience with proven game, visual effects, or animation pipelines
- Minimum 4 years experience in tool development related to 3D modeling, shading/materials, lighting, and/or rendering
- Desire to work closely with other creative groups/departments and is proactive about outreach
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Experience developing plugins and scripts for VFX / Animation / Game Engine Software and APIs (e.g. Maya, Adobe Suite of Products, 3ds Max, Nuke etc.) required
- Fluent in either C++ or Python and has knowledge of both.
- Experience with real-time and AR 3D models and rendering a plus
More Jobs From