Sophos Central is a cloud-based application that allows the end-user to manage all their Sophos tools in one application. As a member of the Sophos Platform development team, the Senior Software Engineer works closely with software engineers, architects, product management and others to design and build the foundational toolset and capabilities that allow Sophos developers to quickly bring new features to market. As part of an agile scrum team develop microservice platform feature designs, implementation, and promote best practices for the next generation Sophos microservice platform. Work with the Sophos internal micro-services development teams to understand their requirements, promote the use of the implemented Chassis platform features, debug and troubleshoot issues faced by the Development teams.
Skills and Experience
- Experience deploying and supporting production applications in AWS.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3.
- Experience with tools to support cloud-based solutions like monitoring & logging
- Kubernetes and container orchestration experience a big plus
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD tools and methodologies, specifically Jenkins
- Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience deploying and supporting Java based applications.
- Strong knowledge in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Strong working knowledge of Docker and the container ecosystem
- Excellent operational knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Hands on experience designing and implementing cloud-based platforms and microservices architecture.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as good interpersonal, organization, and teamwork skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. If you choose to explore this opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our data protection policy which can be found here and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunities at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please reply to this or other emails from Sophos clearly stating your request, or follow the steps set out in the data protection policy describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From