Office Tour Photos
This position can be based in either Providence, RI or Framingham MA
Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while transparently engaging users daily in building and sustaining relevant healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
We engage several million members worldwide through our App Store and Play Store Applications that have over 500k consumer reviews and 4.8+ ratings
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and at home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who are you?
You are a talented, motivated Software Development Engineer in Test who is capable of performing testing and quality assurance for our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing automation tests to ensure quality and expected functionality. You seek to work with others to best understand business requirements in order to develop corresponding test plans, test cases and test data, as well as execute manual testing scenarios when appropriate. Focus, enthusiasm, a dedication to excellence and constant desire to learn are all personal characteristics you possess which are highly valued in the VP organization.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of abilities in order to successfully contribute to the team. You are able to skillfully:
- Develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery
- Develop and maintain a current and thorough understanding of existing RedBrick Health system design, architecture, and business logic.
- Work with affected Business and user areas to develop and document detailed test suites using our behavior driven development model.
- Provide project management with software testing effort estimates for project planning and scheduling purposes.
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products comply with approved design and documented requirements
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes.
- Actively participates in requirements and design reviews, release readiness reviews and other inspections.
- Participate in the coordination and monitoring of software development activities including all related meetings, walkthroughs, technical reviews, testing, and problem resolution.
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggests process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring.
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide ongoing process improvement and efficiency metrics for the department.
- Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is necessary to finish tasks
What you bring to the team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical training and/or experience. Each will be considered equally.
- 5 years of SDET/CI/CD/Automation experience
- Experience using automation testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with formal testing processes.
- Test case and test scenario writing; both manual and automation.
- Experience working with scripting languages and APIs
- Knowledge of services, web technologies and n-tier browser-based applications.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of formal defect management processes.
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications.
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies: Large scale, public-facing websites built in Angular/Angular2 and leveraging tools like Pug, Grunt and NPM to make things automated and repeatable. Our Java/Kotlin-based REST API is built on Spring Boot and Hibernate which serves traffic to both web and mobile consumers. We’re using a combination of both PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Redis. Redis, specifically, is used extensively in a distributed locking system, responsible for supporting real-time data processing. We use Machine Learning to personalize, recommend, and monitor services on our platform. Our ML applications are packaged as containers with RESTful interfaces. All of this uses Amazon Web Services extensively for stability and high availability.
We practice Continuous Integration using TeamCity; as a result we have continual smaller releases to our environments (Development, QA, Staging, Production), with integrated unit tests and code coverage analysis while eliminating the risk taken on with only a few large releases/product updates.
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
More Jobs From