Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Architect. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
Were looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
What Youll Do:
- Utilize CarGurus data to grow the visitor base and improve advertising performance.
- Expand our reach by integrating with new traffic acquisition channels.
- Build robust pipelines that ingest and aggregate large volumes of data in real time.
- Design and implement algorithms for efficiently serving ads to CarGurus shoppers.
- Build tools for designing and managing CarGurus creative assets and campaigns.
- Develop systems to analyze traffic acquisition performance at all levels of granularity.
- Create tests and infrastructure to support continuous delivery of everything you build.
- Work with data scientists to improve the effectiveness of our ad spend.
- Implement a testing framework for rapid iteration of A/B tests.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of programming experience.
- A strong analytical or mathematical background, leveraged in previous roles.
- Experienced with multiple datastores (SQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, etc).
- Experienced in building real-time data pipelines
- Committed to developing well-tested code.
- Data-driven mindset
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with AWS (Elasticache, Autoscaling, DynamoDB, etc.) preferred
- Previous experience in high-frequency / low-latency verticals is a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
More Jobs From