Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Google, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We are currently looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team as we continue to evolve and expand the Tamr data mastering platform and tool suite. With our growing customer base and increasing demand for cloud and hybrid-cloud offerings we are growing our SRE team to support the development and delivery of new products, deployment to cloud environments, and incorporation of third party technologies and tools to enable product engineering.
You will play a key role in designing and delivering solutions that will make Tamr SaaS offering scalable, featureful, resilient, and secure, while providing guidance and mentorship to your team. You'll design and operate automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor, and heal Tamr SaaS deployed on various public cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Compute, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
As a SRE, you will participate in a global uninterrupted rotation and help lead incident management, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement activities, managing engineering efforts against a service-level agreement (SLA) and error budget.
This position reports to the head of SRE.
As a member of the SRE team some of the project you will be working on are:
- Manage Tamr SaaS in development and production hosted on public cloud platforms.
- Respond to incidents, facilitate post-mortems and ensure closure of follow up actions items.
- Develop and drive real time observability solutions that provide visibility into system health.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Create and maintain self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Docker.
- Improving robustness by automation of workflows, process improvements, CI/CD pipelines, and integrating modern toolsets.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you have 3 or more of the below:
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE/Systems Administration with some experience with Linux/Unix systems administration.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS or GCP).
- 2+ year(s) of Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift experience.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Technologies we use:
- Multi-cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Git, GitOps, Terraform, Ansible
- Kubernetes, Helm, Istio, Docker
- Big Data Technologies (BigTable/Hbase, Dataproc/Databricks/Spark)
- PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Snowflake, Synapse
- Java, Python, Scala
- Spinnaker, Jenkins
This position is based at our office in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.