Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Senior Services Project Manager
The Senior Services Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) for clients, and manages schedules, financials, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Senior Services Project Manager also identifies and addresses potential issues and risks that may impact project deliverables.
- Responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) for clients,
- Manages the day-to-day project activities and deliverables, including schedules, financials, and project change requests
- Reports on project results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Provides status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understands interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Manages project scope and changes
- Supports formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
- Assists management in defining the Statement of Work
- Sets and continually manages project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Mentors project team members
- Perform other related duties and activities as require
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, and/or higher level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, preferably in a similar role
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Superior skills in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Travel: 25%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.