Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. By using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers, it gives us a competitive advantage in the global homegoods market!
Do you want to be a part of a seasoned, highly collaborative Engineering team? We are looking to grow our technology organization by hiring a ServiceNow Developer to help maintain and evolve our ServiceNow instance. Wayfair has a unique and innovative ServiceNow deployment, so were looking for someone whos excited and motivated by moving quickly, using technology to solve unique internal challenges, and supporting a rapidly growing organization.
As a ServiceNow software engineer, you will be responsible for executing various projects across the platform, using a combination of ServiceNow configuration, administration, and scripting. You will need to understand business problems and requirements and translate them into deliverable solutions. You will be working on an instance featuring applications such as ITSM, HRSD, Nuvolo Field Service and Space Management, and more.
What You'll Do:
- Provide support for multiple teams looking to embed their workflows into ServiceNow - these teams could include IT teams and business teams looking to improve efficiency, reporting, and end-user experience.
- Working with business stakeholders and our systems analysts to understand requirements and recommend solutions
- Design efficient solutions to complex business problems
- Propose and deliver initiatives that are impactful to the team, department, and business
- Provide high-quality reviews, both for code changes and architectural design of moderate complexity
- Apply agile methodologies to project-based work, and being comfortable delivering in phases, starting with a minimum viable product, and generally breaking projects up into necessary tasks to plan work effectively.
- Help other engineers outside of the immediate team to understand the platform and build better integrations for it through meetings with other groups, office hours, documentation, and other sharing of best practices
- Build new functionality and configuration across the entire ServiceNow instance
- Promote scripting best practices that ensure overall platform speed and stability
What You'll Need:
- 5- years experience working with the ServiceNow tool (configuration and administration)
- Experience Administering and developing ServiceNows Service Portal front-end UI
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Familiarity with any of the following in ServiceNow: ITSM (Incident/Problem/Change/Request/Knowledge/Asset/SLA), ITOM (Discovery/CMDB)
- Direct experience with stakeholder management from requirements gathering to UAT to post-production verification and close-out of projects
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field preferred
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS, SCSS
- Familiarity with PowerShell or PHP
- Experience working with ServiceNows HR Service Delivery solution
- Experience administering or configuring other enterprise applications or platforms such as Salesforce, confluence, workday, etc.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.