Senior Service Delivery Manager
The Sr. Service Delivery Manager (Sr. SDM) will be the primary delivery level interface point between HealthEdge and HealthEdge partner managed customers. This role will serve to advise both HealthEdge partners and mutually owned customers on HealthEdge best practices for implementations and upgrades. In this capacity, the Sr. SDM will collaborate with other SDM’s assigned to specific partner-owned customer projects which may include upgrades, implementations, custom code creation, delivery, and maintenance.
Additionally, this role may also be the primary delivery management role for HealthEdge upgrade customers utilizing the HealthEdge optimized upgrade process. The Sr. SDM is responsible for the success of the HealthEdge custom solutions deployed by the customers.
The Sr. SDM ensures the provided business and technical services occur in accordance with the Statement of Work and Service Level Agreement with the customers. SDMs are accountable for overall performance as measured through Customer Satisfaction. The SDMs manage multiple customers communicating status, resolving issues, and identifying improvements. They are experienced in technical project management, ITIL processes, client demand forecasting, resource management and the ongoing management of customer relationships.
The SDMs establish policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitor employees and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Accountable for managing successful technical and business professional services delivery for strategic projects encompassing, HealthEdge partner organizations, core platform upgrades, and advisory.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the customers regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery.
- Manage Agile Services offerings for strategic partners and customer upgrades.
- Ensures that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on-time and meet customer requirements by maintaining tight control over the project schedule, risks, scope of work, budgeted hours and quality. Also, ensures SLAs and KPI as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
- Maintain HealthEdge project delivery best practices, and guide partner-managed implementations, upgrades, and ongoing service delivery according to HealthEdge defined best practices.
- Manage and proactively resolve escalated customer issues including critical or severity 1 issues.
- Ensures that operational teams and subcontractors maintain a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and priorities, and provides day-to-day customer advice and support.
- Conduct periodic meetings with customer and delivery teams – daily status updates, service level requirements reviews, continuous improvement, change control and other informal meetings.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates service risks – develops and implements a corresponding plan of action if risks materialize.
- Anticipates, identifies and assesses complex issues – develops and implements a corresponding plan of action to bring an issue to resolution.
- Ensures request, problem and change records are being updated regularly in SalesForce and with a level of detail expected by customers.
- Builds and maintains strong and long-term customer relationships through clear and concise written and verbal communications, increasing trust and involvement, reducing ambiguity and conflict.
- Motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel in service delivery. Responsible for managing all delivery resources assigned to their accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Publish regular project metrics, root cause analysis and trending to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Partner with and develop positive relationships with representatives from other HealthEdge departments including Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Support; build trusting relationships with partners and vendors.
- Navigate through ambiguity to solve problems using effective communication and team coordination with Service Management and Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Performing all job functions consistent with HealthEdge and customer(s) standards, policies, processes and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- Report to the Director of Delivery Services and support Agile Services Strategic direction of creating and selling new service offerings and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or a closely related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- 8+ years of experience managing end to end delivery of professional services and solutions to customers in technical project management, AGILE project delivery, or technical team management within the health care payer industry.
- 6+ years of experience in Maintenance and/or Managed Services as well as customer relationship management role for mid-size organization.
- 6+ years of titled project management experience in health care software industry, preferably in health care payer domain.
- Demonstrated experience in managing 5-6 upgrades/implementations related to Healthcare Payor products and services.
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise, preferably in a global environment with a track record of achieving account financial objectives, including revenue/profitability, SLAs, specific account KPIs and the customer satisfaction targets.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to interface at all levels typically at senior manager/director level.
- Ability to establish and enforce effective project methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge/aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex (matrix) project teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and willingness to provide exceptional customer service. Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude when handling unexpected challenges and competing demands.
- Ability to engage in process improvement and developing new efficient means of execution.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in AGILE Development Methodology.
- Knowledge and exposure to Six Sigma, ITIL, CMM, Baldridge, Lean or other best practice frameworks.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Some travel may be required
More Jobs From