Senior Security Operations Engineer
Who are We?
SessionM is a customer engagement platform empowering the worlds most innovative brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. The platform scales for the enterprise, globally. SessionM is headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe.
Who you will work with?
As part of this role, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, secure, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude and a passion to solve problems.
What you get to do everyday?
- Champion security by injecting security concerns into the existing development workflow; build security thinking into every stage of software development.
- Work with technical SMEs across the organization to architect and create secure-coding frameworks that prevent current and future attack scenarios.
- Plan, implement, upgrade and monitor security measures related to computer networks and software testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation (AWS, Azure Cloud Security, Application Security, Vulnerability Management,...)
- Work autonomously in an area of specialization to analyze internal security and provide relevant information to internal and external customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Write code and contribute to the software architecture of a highly concurrent, high-throughput system on the AWS and Azure
- Participate in an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Assist the development team in implementing best practices for software builds and deployments
- Continue to automate (Infrastructure as code) the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on
What kind of person should you be?
- Ability and desire to drive change through high-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, entrepreneurial, open-door environment.
- Ability to handle pressure, focus on results, and most of all, Have Fun!
- You are detailed oriented and can work independently in troubleshooting issues.
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a strong background in Linux and AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with authentication and encryption technologies like SSL, Kerberos, and GSSAPI.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanning tools: Nexpose, Nmap, and Nessus - Alert Logic is a plus
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- Ability to perform penetration testing across full technology stack.
- Strong ability to code/script using Ruby, Python, Bash or similar. ( Significant Ruby experience is a big plus)
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Significance experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios or xymon
- Experience administering databases, such as MySQL, Cassandra
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, ECS or EKS
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that empowers people
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Healthcare HMO & PPO
- Stock options and 401k
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts