At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual is actively searching for a Senior Scrum Master to coach and lead squads across GRM US PL Products and Underwriting. These squads currently support multiple missions in the newly formed Property portfolio.
The Senior Scrum Master will be responsible for developing strategies for adoption of agile methodologies, ongoing development of agile capabilities within the business unit, and helping to scale our current agile practices. You will also initiate and foster collaborative partnerships required for training and coaching; develop relationships that support organizational agility.
The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for programmatic business and/or technology objectives that require coordination of multiple scrum teams. Facilitates process and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk and helps drive program-level continuous improvement.
About the role:
- Implements consistent process and tools and identify emerging best practices and issues to help continuously advance agile methods and practices.
- Work closely with executives, business unit leaders, product owners, and squads as an expert on agile methods and to educate organizations to use a variety of approaches to deliver customer value in both business and IT teams.
- Ensures successful delivery of large impact and/or cross-functional product initiative by assisting in the identification and solution of organizational impediments which limit teams customer centricity, productivity, and/or quality.
- Provide scaling expertise to align multiple agile teams, collaborate and facilitate quarterly planning with large groups, manage portfolio backlog of epics and features, and facilitate decision making with Product Management, Senior Leaders and Architects.
- Coaches, mentors and provides guidance to Scrum Masters, Technologists, Architects and other members of the squad.
- Provide feedback to management at all levels regarding the progress of agile transformations within their teams.
- Coaches up in the organization including other peer level Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Managers, and Senior Leaders
- Expected to either already have or be able to quickly develop strong, healthy, and productive relationships with key Agile roles to drive strategic alignment.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least five years of IT and project/program management.
- Requires ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with three plus years experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach.
- Experience launching Agile Release Trains is preferred.
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and consensus building skills.