We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Finance Technology team is looking to hire a Senior SAP Configuration Engineer to their team. Under limited supervision, analyzes and significantly configures software, applications, and programs from general requirements and specifications. Modifies, tests, debugs maintain, and enhance existing programs. Seen as a technical expert within the team, this role analyzes complex technical problems and provides solutions. May mentor junior team members.
- Configures single module according to defined design specs & demonstrates a highly proficient understanding of transactions and major configuration options for a business process.
- Documents architecture development and standards.
- Identifies design elements of new business processes and package application design within a single business process.
- Identifies designs for functional and technical requirements (e.g., gap analysis, infrastructure, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and/or conversions).
- Identifies process improvements that address complex functional and package technology gaps within a single business process.
- Analyzes and prepares complex technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within a single business process.
- Develops complex test scripts and assists coordinating test transactional data creation.
- Identifies and researches complex testing defects.
- Uses testing tools successfully for components within a single module or business process within a mixed team.
- Supports pieces of the implementation process such as post implementation support, cutover plans, and transition planning. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of SAP Configuration experience.
- Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Strong in multiple programming languages and tools. Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker. Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From