The Salesforce Developer will report to the Manager of Salesforce.com Development and Integration, supporting the LogMeIn global Salesforce implementation. The individual will work collaboratively with internal customers and colleagues to maintain a consistent and reliable Salesforce.com experience for our business users. LogMeIn’s growing Salesforce implementation consists of over 2000 users spanning nearly all departments. This diverse set of users rely on the Business Systems team to support, implement and train on all the various functions within Salesforce. Years of customization provide a unique opportunity to eliminate complexity and streamline process to maximize user efficiency. The Business Applications team is also responsible for other technologies within the Salesforce ecosystem including Insidesales.com, Docusign, Conga, Distribution Engine, as well as external systems and tools such as GoodData and Informatica.
- Provide application users and administrators with development support
- Log and track identified system issues through resolution
- Evaluate, install, upgrade and optimize 3rdparty Salesforce tools and integrations
- Participate in the QA process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, and performing appropriate tests of new or updated functionality
- Proactively identify and execute initiatives to simplify the administration of our user experience in the LMI Salesforce instance
- Work closely with other members of the Salesforce development team and across the Business Applications organization (inside and outside the US) on technical solutions of existing and future applications
- Perform proactive system hygiene activities to ensure clean user interface and system configuration
- Working with management and end-users to create and manage workflow rules, data validation, processes and flows
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Contribute to overall data quality strategy
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users as database applications are developed
- 3+ years of Salesforce.com experience, preferable with knowledge of Sales & Service Cloud.
- 1+ years of hands on apex development solving business problems, refactoring and debugging code (yours and inherited)
- SFDC Platform Developer I certification a plus
- Experience with SFDC Lightning framework and integration tools such as Informatica, Boomi, or MuleSoft
- Experience with QA testing processes and writing unit tests
- Experience with the lifecycle in an agile / scrum environment, desirably with experience also of traditional structured programs and continuous integration
- Knowledge of code management, continuous integration, and version control processes and tools
- Experience with Sales Acceleration and Marketing Automation platforms preferred
- Capable of working to both tactical and strategic timescales
- Adaptable and experienced working in a fast moving and growing organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
- Proven experience of eliminating system or process complexity to increase efficiency