iRobot is looking to hire a Senior Robotics Software Engineer on our System Test Automation team who will play a vital role in developing the next generation of robots that will live in millions of homes across the world.
In this role, you will report be responsible for developing and deploying ground truth platforms for the company and ensuring the end users have a methodology for feedback and feature requests.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new algorithms for reliable pose estimation using a ground truth system in challenging and dynamic environments
- Work on images from cameras, point clouds from LIDARs, and IMU data
- Maintain existing robot ground truth infrastructure
- Solve problems pragmatically, applying judgment and experience to balance trade-offs
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Experience in SLAM and pose estimation techniques
- Solid background in linear algebra, Lie algebra related to transformations, non-linear optimization
- Solid understanding of algorithms like RANSAC, Iterative Closest Point, Normal Distribution Transform, laser scan assembly
- Solid understanding and experience in design patterns, data structures, advanced programming techniques, and test driven development
- Excellence at writing C# / C++ / Python and familiarity with both Linux and Windows
- Passion for robotics and experience building or programming robots professionally or as a hobby
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
In Return You Can Expect:
The System Test Organization is a high performing, multi-disciplined group, that touches every product in the organization. Our mission is to evaluate both iRobot and competitive products,enable risk burn-down and evaluate technologies, predict and assess reliability of designs and products over their life-cycle.
More Jobs From