Are you looking to make a real difference in peoples lives?
Here at iRobot, we deliver innovative robots that span a wide spectrum of duties. We are constantly striving to find better ways to free up people from home chores, and we are having fun while doing so.
iRobot Corporation is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced Senior Robotics Electrical Engineer to join our high-performing Electrical Engineering Department.
You will be part of iRobot's Module and Platform group within the larger R&D organization working to develop next generation technologies with a focus on robotic sensor development.
The ideal candidate will be creative, passionate about robotics, and have strong skills in all facets of robotic system design (EE, ME, SW), prototyping, assembly, test and troubleshooting.
The candidate will be self-driven and capable of performing these tasks under limited supervision, working from drawings, diagrams, and verbal direction.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct multidisciplinary research in various robotic fields with a focus on sensing.
- Design processes and prototypes to build/test/evaluate potential solutions.
- Assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot, repair prototypes through evaluation phases.
- Set up and operate prototyping equipment to evaluate the performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with teams across disciplines to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Provide engineering support for design and development of products.
- Review designs and specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy, and compliance with company and/or customer specifications.
- Take detailed and accurate notes on configuration of experiments, data and deviation from expected results
- Troubleshoot circuit boards down to the component level.
- Prioritize work across competing and simultaneous projects to ensure internal customer demands are met.
To Be Successful You Will Have :
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Robotic Engineering, master degree is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience working in a fast-paced engineering development environment.
- Experience with EE and ME CAD tools (Altium Designer, Creo preferred)
- Excellent bread-boarding and mechanical prototyping skills
- Experience with embedded system/microcontrollers, including the following: GPIOs, PWM, ADCs, DACs, and serial data interfaces (I2C, UART, SPI)
- Experience with design of analog signal conditioning circuits (OP-AMPS, Comparators, Diff-Amps etc)
- Ability to create and modify experimental SW (ex: Python, C, C++) to support your prototype needs
- Hands-on know-how with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, soldering irons, and other common electrical engineering tools
- Solid technical writing and communication skills
Desire Skills and experience:
- Ability to multi-task between different projects and internal customers
- Familiar with motors and motor drivers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experienced with EE/ME prototyping equipment including 3D printers, LPKF
- Familiarity with consumer product development
- Familiar with general machine shop tools
- Proficient with MS Office products: Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint