Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
At Tamr we believe that clean, up-to-date data is the sine qua non of informed decisions. We assert that the best way to create accurate data is with human guided machine learning that improves over time. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data to produce clean, up-to-date data that fuels better decisions and delivers transformational business outcomes.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Analyst who will work directly with the CFO and Controller on tasks related to the order-to-cash cycle, ASC 606 implementation, ERP system update, and revenue reporting and analysis. This position will also work closely with other senior leaders at the company, including the Chief Customer Officer and Chief Revenue Officer. The successful candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally as a team, but will also be independent and willing to bring new ideas to the table. The ability to work under tight deadlines and a strong acumen in the software industry is essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the order-to-cash cycle to ensure proper execution of contracts, billing, revenue recognition, and cash collections
- Work with legal team to design systems and processes that support the efficient execution of contracts and collection of legal data for internal tracking
- Lead the design and rollout of revenue recognition supporting the new technical guidance, including internal data collection and review
- Liaison with the professional services group and Chief Customer Officer to ensure proper recognition of services revenue and milestone tracking, including the design of systems or reports used as part of the annual audit
- Support the Controller with financial reporting and revenue data analysis
- Manage the reporting of key metrics, including CARR, churn, and net margins
This job might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years progressive accounting experience in a public accounting firm, in the software / high tech sector, or equivalent experience described above
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, specifically around revenue and ASC 606
- Experience working with NetSuite ERP, including implementation and reportingexperience working closely with and supporting a professional services business
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration at a startup
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- International experience and foreign currency accounting exposure