We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist with a background and passion in trajectory optimization and model predictive control to apply innovative solutions for our autonomous vehicles. Perform ground breaking research and develop optimization algorithms to generate safe, comfortable, and intuitive motions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop state-of-the-art motion control and trajectory optimization software to ensure vehicle navigates safely and smoothly
- Interface with upstream decision/behavior planning and prediction
- Work with system engineering and safety teams to develop safe redundant architectures
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of trajectory optimization and tracking algorithms
- Optimize development strategy and process to create high quality supportable code and documentation
- Guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product focused research and development
What You'll Bring:
- PhD degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Model Predictive Control (MPC), state estimation, robust control, vehicle dynamics, and simulation environments
- Understanding of numerical optimization algorithms (interior point method, sequential quadratic programming, etc)
- Experience of optimization solvers (IPOPT, Gurobi, etc)
- 5+ years of experience with Matlab
- 5+ years of C++ or Python software development
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From