Office Tour Photos
Senior Research Scientist, Deep Learning
Neurala, Inc. is a software company that developed The Neurala Brain— Deep Learning neural network software that makes smart products like inspection cameras, robots, drones, toys, consumer electronics and self-driving cars more autonomous, engaging and useful. Neurala software is based on extensive research and development efforts, including technology that Neurala developed for NASA for planetary exploration and for the U.S. Air Force Research Labs. Neurala, named one of the 50 most influential companies in the robotics industry, has secured in excess of $16M in funding from some of the largest and most innovative venture firms in US and Europe.
Are you interested in finding ways to apply your Deep learning knowledge to real world applications? As a Senior Research Scientist in Deep Learning at Neurala, research and implement Neural Networks and Deep Learning (including Reinforcement Learning) applied to computer vision, spatial navigation, audio and other sensors. Your goal will be to improve specific problems encountered by Neurala’s customers, and achieving specific goals set forth at Neurala. The tasks will include building prototypes and integrate the algorithms into products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the research and business teams to develop new algorithms for new products and services
- Oversee the construction of specific datasets.
- Work with a variety of data types including static images, video, and audio.
- Transfer technology into products
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Neural Networks, Deep Learning, and Reinforcement Learning.
- Must be fluent in C++, Unix/Linux environments, CUDA and OpenCL skills as a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks.
- Fluent in English.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of research excellence or significant product development.
- Knowledge of application areas, such as computer vision or natural language processing, is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
More Jobs From