Senior Research Scientist, Alexa - Emotion/Speech Recognition
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our mission is to push the envelope in Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As a Multimodal Machine Learning Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to augment and enhance voice centric intelligent systems. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. You will collaborate with other scientists and work in a fast paced team environment. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
· Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or Language Science
· 10+ years of experience working in ML, speech recognition, natural language understanding, computer visions etc.
· Experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment, solid fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Experience conducting analyses, and developing different types of supervised and unsupervised models for complex projects
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
· Peer-reviewed publications in information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning or related topics
· PhD with specialization in machine learning applied in multimodal data processing and information fusion, with at least 5 years of related work experience
· Strong publication record
· Strong software development skills
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation