About this position
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Engineer/Scientist, Perception- Radar with hands-on expertise in mobile robotics or autonomous vehicles and a deep background in multi-modal robot perception. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from R&D phase through product shipment. Specifically, this individual will be well versed in real time perception algorithms, especially for unstructured scenes, such as public road driving and active safety (ADAS) systems. In this role, you will be responsible for technical road-mapping, identification of goals/milestones and determination of performance metrics.
What You'll Bring:
- Ph.D or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in at least one of the fields: sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, object tracking, signal processing
- Experience with Radar data processing
- Experience with Radar tracking algorithm development
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems
- Experience working on robot and/or automotive and/or aerospace
- Experience with simulation environments
- Excellent C/C++ development skills on Linux platform
- Experience developing software as part of a team
What You'll Do:
- Radar sensor software development
- Radar firmware and low level signal processing
- Sensor calibration
- Object detection and classification using range sensors
- Extensive experience in robot perception and vision research & development
- Expertise implementing vision & perception algorithms and deploying on real-world systems
- Expertise in mathematical modelling
- Ability to analyze results of benchmarks, road, and regression tests
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From