Senior Regulatory Engineer
Desktop Metal, based in Burlington, Massachusetts is reinventing the way engineering and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make metal 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal has raised a total of $277 million in financing. Among the companys investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), GE Ventures, BMW, Lowes, and Techtronic Industries (TTI)
In 2017, Desktop Metal was selected as one of the worlds 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Reviews list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Sciences 2017 Best of Whats New.
The Senior Regulatory Engineer will be responsible for:
- Participate in development team meetings to assess compliance requirements
- Obtain and maintain product safety approvals
- Represent company with regulators and compliance test labs
- Timely follow-up with open NRTL contacts to ensure scheduled testing is completed on time.
- Obtain quotes, review invoices for test labs and agencies
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable standards
- Conduct and maintain formal risk assessments
- Lead the certification of all of our products to appropriate industry standards
- Evaluate SIL/PL ratings for safety-critical software and electronics
- Compile and maintain safety file/technical construction file consisting of test data, component certifications, engineering reports, etc.
- Prepare test plans for electrical, EMC and functional safety compliance verification
- Manage foreign country safety approvals process
Key Skills & Experience Required
- BS in mechanical, electrical or quality engineering
- Ability to consistently achieve a high standard of quality and accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong investigative, research, and coordination skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently in highly technical subjects for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of European Directives as applied to consumer and industrial products.
- Relevant understanding of the product development process, materials, and production techniques.
- 10+years in product design, testing and agency approvals