Senior Regulatory Engineer
Desktop Metal, based in Burlington, Massachusetts is reinventing the way engineering and manufacturing teams produce metal parts - from prototyping through mass production. Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make metal 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal has raised a total of $277 million in financing. Among the companys investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), GE Ventures, BMW, Lowes, and Techtronic Industries (TTI)
In 2017, Desktop Metal was selected as one of the worlds 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Reviews list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Sciences 2017 Best of Whats New.
The Senior Regulatory Compliance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Participate in development team meetings to assess compliance requirements.
- Prepare formal product safety compliance verification test reports for submittal to obtain product certifications.
- Obtain and maintain product safety approvals.
- Obtain quotes, review invoices for test labs and agencies.
- Work with test labs to schedule and perform testing; follow-up to ensure that testing is completed on time.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable IEC and UL standards.
- Compile and maintain safety file/technical construction file consisting of test data. component certifications, engineering reports, etc.
- Prepare test plans for safety, EMC and RF compliance verification
- Define and completions of product safety milestones for future product development.
- Manage market countries approvals process.
- Contribute to user manuals and training programs.
- Contribute to control of purchased materials to meet RoHS and REACH Regulations.
- Assist with product inspections.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- BS/MS in Electrical, Electronic or equivalent is required with 10+ years of experience working in product safety and compliance.
- Ability to consistently achieve a high standard of quality and accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and use of Engineering PLM system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently in highly technical subjects.