Senior React Native Mobile Engineer
Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for folks who enjoy building great products together with peers and clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our clients business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious; were constantly learning/evolving
- A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has been featured in the Play Store, App Store, had books written about it, featured in the Huffington Post, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the clients business goals and write elegant code.
You love being a developer and are passionate about mobile. You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader. You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to know when the new shiny thing is not appropriate for a project. Most importantly, you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback, and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
- Youll develop apps for companies that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- Help us learn and improve what we're doing and how we do it
- Mentor junior engineers
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the app space
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer code reviews
- 80% hands-on development, 20% client interaction & documentation
- Deep knowledge of React Native
- Experience with Front End tooling (NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, CI, unit testing, etc.)
- Strong mobile development experience, including integration with NativeModules and custom iOS/Android SDKs
- Experience building commercial apps, released in Googles Play and/or Apples App Stores
- Solid understanding of the React ecosystem, component composition, lifecycle events
- Bachelors degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Natural problem-solver, willing to take initiative and client-facing experience
More Jobs From