Senior Quality Engineer I
As a member of the Everbridge Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of modular, extensible and reusable test automation harnesses and scripts. In this role you will be integrated with an engineering team, and will partner with other team members to drive quality best practices into the application development process.
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, extensive experience in Quality Assurance processes, methodologies, and best practices, hands-on skills with test automation tools for functional, performance and load testing, as well as technical testing skills such as database querying and code comprehension.
- Creating and executing test plans prior to the release of numerous internal software systems
- Building automation test framework and tools
- Building and executing automation scripts
- Generating and analyzing test reports
- Tracking issues and working with developers on identifying root causes
- Provide technical guidance/coaching to developers on automation tasks
- Work with offsite EB QA teams on overall automation strategy and compliance
- 5+ years of Quality Engineering experience in an automated testing environment. Must have used Selenium or other similar automation tools for the duration of this experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 2+ years of experience with AWS products in a Linux/Unix/Java environment
- 10+ years of overall technical experience
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience with AWS products in a Linux/Unix/Java environment preferred
- White box, black box, smoke, regression, boundary, load, performance testing
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL and non-relational databases such as Mongo.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.