Office Tour Photos
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 250 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Quality Engineering team. In this role, you will help build and scale our test automation infrastructure. This includes the development of supporting services, frameworks, test libraries, and related tools.
At Takeoff Technologies we feel that quality is everyone's responsibility. The Quality Engineering team works closely with engineering to ensure the overall quality of our e-commerce platform. Our engineers place emphasis on automation and continuous testing.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Build, maintain and scale our test automation infrastructure
- Contribute to test automation infrastructure by wriing and augmenting test libraries and services
- Work closely with Scrum team members to improve quality through the entire SDLC
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
- Introduce and influence process improvements
Some of the experience that you may bring to the table:
- Experience with engineering tools such as Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc
- Knowledge of OOP with Python, Java or similar high level programming language
- Experience in test automation or software development
- Strong understanding of how cloud based services work
- Experience testing REST-based API's and services
- Docker/Kubernetes experience strongly preferred
- Empatheic toward end users and devoted to execptional user experience
- Driven towards a strong sense of ownership towards your work
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
Some of the reason you'll love working at Takeoff:
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take intiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Some of the perks and benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Some of the ways we are addressing Covid-19:
While Covid-19 has posed its fair share of challenges, we have tackled these head on, while continuing to ensure that the health and safety of our employees and clients remain top priorities. We certainly believe that building a successful company starts with the people, and while the chance to meet and collaborate face to face in an office setting is vital to our growth and company culture, the health and safety of the Takeoff team is the most important right now. To that end, we are embracing a work remote first company policy, however the expectation is that you are based in the Greater Boston / MA area to ensure time zones are aligned with the rest of the Takeoff team based on the east coast.
Whether it be a Cultural Brunch & Learn, a Rocketberry Mini-Series showcasing some of our teams dynamic and hidden talents, or a weekly coffee chat to catch up with your fellow colleagues, we are finding creative ways to stay connected and engaged with each other during these challenging times.
Lastly along with our robust and competitive benefits package that we offer(above), we are excited to roll out two new benefits; a remote work allowance as well as a remote office setup reimbursement. These benefits will be effective immediately upon hire date geared towards ensuring that our employees are continuously set up for success while working remotely!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.